Environmental Project Manager
Coopersville, MI 49404 US
Successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment providing due diligence and remediation services. Expectations include:
- Conducts Phase I ESAs to ASTM or higher standards.
- Conducts Phase II ESAs.
- Conduct and manage UST assessment and closure projects, with the associated regulatory reporting.
- Conduct or manage asbestos building inspections.
- Maintain existing client base and cultivate new client prospects.
- Understands due diligence and Michigan brownfield redevelopment processes.
- Demonstrates full knowledge of each project’s status and goals.
- Performs tasks across multiple disciplines to bring about successful project completion.
- Responds to customers in a timely manner.
- Other duties not listed may also apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Hydrogeology, Geology, or related from an accredited university.
- 8-10 years or more of Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) and site investigation experience.
- Experience with Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy programs, particularly underground storage tanks (USTs).
- Ability to effectively manage and coordinate staff and corporate leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient with Microsoft Office.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training and current with 8-hour refresher courses.
- Existing client base of industrial, financial institutions, developers, and attorneys.