Environmental Field Chemist
251 North Old St. Louis Road Wood River, IL 62095 US
Our Client is looking for a entry level Environmental Field Chemist. They will be responsible for sorting, and transporting materials and waste. Will ensure compatibility and safety processes at all time for each job and lab pack services provided to customers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Provide Lab Packing services at customer sites maintaining compliance with applicable RCRA and DOT regulations and with established company SOP’ s
- Sample and characterize customer waste, when necessary
- Assist in the segregation of chemicals by class; packing compatible materials in appropriate containers and preparing for transportation; completing necessary paperwork per job.
- Determines and loads supplies needed for job completion and travels to various industry, laboratory, and school sites to perform lab pack services.
- Assists in characterizing materials at field project sites.
- Follows proper placarding and load segregation requirements when transporting materials.
- Develop good client relations by effectively communicating with Customers.
- Directs Field Technicians/Drivers assisting with waste collection.
- Introductory knowledge of high hazard materials management /assessment and cylinder handling.
Education: Four-year college degree (Science or environmental majors preferred) or 2+years related experience required.
Experience: Prior lab packing or environmental waste experience preferred.
Knowledge and Abilities: This is a safety sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function. Good knowledge and understanding of all federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to the Environmental Services Industry. Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts.
Requirements: Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical, DOT physical, and drug screen; obtain a Class B CDL w/hazmat endorsement within 6 months of hire date. Must meet all Driving Qualifications. Ability to pass Motor Vehicle Record search to company standards. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.