The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Engineering Technologist I
Plainfield, IN 46168 US
Posted: 05/22/2023 2023-05-22 2023-07-03 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Engineering Job Number: 561909 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
- Provide day-to-day production support of the Duke Midwest Energy Management System (EMS)
- Perform integration, modeling and testing of various SCADA devices and validate data in EMS applications.
- Update EMS displays as equipment is added/updated in electrical substations.
- Perform EMS configuration tasks to support user access requests and other control center functionality enhancements.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering Technology, Computer Science, or 4+ years equivalent industry experience without a degree. (Eng Tech I would require 2+ years equivalent industry experience without a degree)
- 2+ years utility or industrial controls experience
- Able to work effectively in challenging situations and under time pressure
- Able to understand and resolve complex technical issues.
- Understanding of power flow and electrical circuits (Power Triangle)
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills.
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel throughout the company's service territory and facilities (substations, operations centers, etc.), as required.
- Able to pass NERC background check.
- A working knowledge of SCADA Master/Slave communication protocols as well as RTU configurations, substation design and equipment.
- Knowledge of SCADA and other EMS applications, including modeling/operations of GE products such as e-terracontrol, e-terrabrowser, e-terrasource
- General knowledge of networking protocols and equipment
Computer programming and development including PERL scripting, XML usage, and Windows Operating Systems