Engineering Technologist I
9550 Research Drive Charlotte, NC 28262 US
- Provide technical expertise to solve problems and leadership skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision.
- Workers are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with greater independence.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
- Conducts engineering and related studies.
- Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance. Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains accurate records and files. Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- Either a graduate from a college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 0 to 2 years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent).
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in the utility industry. Understanding of basic principles of project management.
- This role will be responsible for reviewing electric distribution devices for alarms and issues, investigating the devices, and creating follow up for field workers.
- They assist field follow up with remote device operation and following DCC safety processes and procedures. They will be working with the IVVC (Integrated Volt Var Control) project in DEC identifying, tracking, and resolving device issues.