1900 North Main Street Mount Holly, NC 28120 US
This Engineer role will support all functions inside the Distributed Energy Operations and Maintenance (DEOM) team and will report directly to the Distributed Energy Operations & Maintenance (DEOM) Engineering Manager. The Distributed Energy Operations and Maintenance team currently has multiple energy storage, solar, and microgrid facilities in various stages of the project lifecycle. DEOM currently monitors and operates 10 Energy Storage Sites and 26 small solar sites. This role will support the 100+ facilities that are anticipated to be on-line in the next 5-10 years.
- Provide support for the initiation of DER projects including design and site reviews for project feasibility.
- Work with internal engineering teams to identify opportunities to improve contractual documentation, standards development, and the operation of energy storage, solar, and microgrid facilities.
- Develop protection settings for grid connected DERs and stand-alone microgrids utilizing inverter-based resources.
- Perform detailed review of project design documents for conformance with Duke and Industry Standards, including but not limited to NFPA and IEEE standards.
- Provide support and review of documentation associated with the procurement of all materials needed for the design and build of DER facilities.
- Perform on-site review and quality assurance checks of installation and construction of equipment within DER facilities to ensure compliance with Duke Energy and Industry Standards.
- Execute the testing and commissioning of site protective functions including relaying, control and instrumentation equipment.
- Provide operational and maintenance support by analyzing event files and providing data trends to communicate the root cause of equipment or operational failures.
- Maintain and review as-built documentation to validate conformance with Duke Energy and Industry standards and requirements.
- Participate in weekly discussions with clients, team leaders, project managers, and internal stakeholders to discuss the milestone progress and supporting information to monitor project progress.
- Coordinate and manage all project scope necessary for DER projects to reached Placed in Service (e.g., Telecom design, Control System integration, Customer Delivery design activities, Transmission / Distribution circuit upgrades, etc.)
- Support Preventative and Corrective maintenance activities or participate in RCAs as requested.
- Bachelors (Electrical Engineering degree preferred)