3300 Exchange Place Lake Mary, FL 32746 US
- Customer Delivery Florida seeks full-time entry-level or early-career engineering candidate for the Self-Optimizing Grid (SOG) Program to provide distribution planning and analysis activities, project workflow delegation, and quality assurance reviews for the project management team.
- This resource will perform SOG engineering analysis in support of the Storm Protection Plan (SPP).
- Duties include automated switching device analysis & placement recommendations, sectionalization reviews, and SOG implementation studies.
- Since this position is intended for an entry-level or early-career candidate, on-site training on the roles and responsibilities of this position and the overall Program will be conducted at the Clearwater Operations Center by senior staff.
- Ideal candidate will possess 1 to 10 years of relevant industry experience. Experience in electric distribution system design engineering practices and principles is a plus.
- Provides engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of routine problems in area of expertise.
- Assists in the accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities under the guidance of higher-level employees.
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches associated with the resolution of routine technical problems.
- Conducts basic engineering studies requiring little evaluation or ingenuity.
- Possesses knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures.
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills. Maintains accurate records and files.
- Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- They effectively apply fundamental concepts and procedures to work that is fairly complex and varied. - 10 years discipline experience