Employee Relations Manager
675 West Kendall Street , 3rd Floor Cambridge, MA 02142 US
The Employee Relations Manager is an essential member of our employee relations function for our global biotechnology organization. Reporting to the Global Head of People Relations, you will use your expertise to provide Employee Relations guidance for a growing biotech organization supporting all categories of the business. This includes providing Employee Relations support for 2 manufacturing facilities, commercial and medical field organizations across the globe, G&A, R&D, clinical development, technical operations and quality, among others.
- Responsible for researching and addressing employee relations related issues across our company, in partnership with and under the direction of the Global Head of People Relations.
- Provide guidance and advice to HR colleagues, and people managers on a wide variety of employee relations issues, policies, procedures and workplace investigations to create and sustain positive employee relations.
- Lead workplace investigations in collaboration with HR, Legal and Compliance as appropriate, making actionable recommendations.
- Provide guidance to HR colleagues and coaching to managers regarding performance management, conduct concerns, leave of absence requests and accommodation requests.
- Investigate US matters designated as HR focused, in collaboration with HR, Legal and Compliance as appropriate.
- Identify, research and analyze specific employee relations concerns, conduct interviews, review data, draft reports and make appropriate recommendations to the business, Compliance and Legal on outcomes.
- Maintain confidentiality of cases and communications.
- Assist, as needed, with investigations led by Compliance and/or Legal.
- Maintain and continuously improve internal People Manager and HR guides, working with Legal and Compliance as needed. This includes guides regarding managing the separation process, outplacement, and workplace investigations.
- Design the effective collection and analysis of Exit Interview data, conducting exit interviews and follow up communications as needed.
Data & Trends
- Responsible for our incident management system, ensuring all people relations matters are appropriately recorded, documented and addressed in a consistent and timely manner.
- Provide rigorous data analysis and reporting based on business needs, highlighting key trends in employee relations to actively drive proactive solutions to minimize reactive work and increase employee engagement.
- Create and conduct training for HR, stakeholders and managers in support of employee relations / HR, and, in partnership with Legal and Compliance, regarding important topics for managers to understand (e.g., protected leaves, harassment and discrimination).
- Manage projects related to Employee Relations training for HR and people managers. This includes reviewing our current offerings in this area, advising on gaps and additional materials and providing overview on the approach, content and training delivery.
- In support of Legal and Compliance, and in collaboration with HR Operations, assist in responding to requests for information from internal clients and outside counsel, including assistance with electronic discovery needs.
- Participate in and manage projects, as assigned.
- 4+ years of experience in employee relations, labor law, compliance or a similar field with in a dynamic business characterized by different cultures, management styles, systems, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (such as HR) or an employment law degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment law.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Experience leading investigations of alleged improper conduct.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Handles sensitive information with the utmost discretion and maintains confidentiality
- High level of EQ, compassion, and the ability to remove (unconscious) biases throughout the investigation.
- A high level of ethics and integrity mindset.
- Stellar project management skills with exceptional attention to detail and discipline to organize and prioritize
- Experience in designing and delivering successful training programs
- Technically proficient in Word, Excel, Access, & PowerPoint and incident management systems (i.e., Convercent, Navex and other similar incident management systems)
- Demonstrates empathy and experience driving inclusion work