Electrical Engineer 3 - Substation Design
11401 Lamar Avenue Shawnee Mission, KS 66211 US
- Perform high voltage substation (34.5kV-500kV) design, including physical design, protective relaying/control with an emphasis on continuous improvement
- Apply knowledge and comply with quality program standards
- May perform internal Quality Assurance technical reviews
- Prepare a variety of moderately complex engineering deliverables for high voltage substation design
- Perform complex research and develop recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
- Prepare complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
- Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements
- May perform QA/QC responsibilities
- Initiates contact with other disciplines as needed to identify and coordinate details of the work
- May interface directly with clients, vendors and subcontractors
- Must Have a minimum of 3 yrs' High Voltage Substation Design Experience: Preferably P&C design but may consider those with Physical design experience
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering of high voltage substation engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.