Director of Payroll
5851 Legacy Cir #400 Plano, TX 75024 US
The Director of Payroll is responsible and accountable for all aspects of directing the operations of the organization’s payroll function including multiple payrolls for 50000+ associates in nearly every state (as well as some international) completing accurate allocations and accrual calculations and resolving payroll liability issues.
Additional duties include supervising and developing payroll staff training maintaining accurate process documentation and overseeing the escheatment process. Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities.
- Meets payroll operational standards by ensuring the productivity quality and customer-service standards of the payroll process; resolves problems and identifies system improvements.
- Supervises administration of the payroll process by planning assigning and reviewing the work of the payroll staff; processing payroll; meeting deadlines and goals; monitoring workflow; providing excellent customer service and reporting; and maintaining current payroll guidelines policies and procedures.
- Ensures personnel or tax law changes are captured that overtime or bonus payments are accurately distributed and that timesheets are submitted and retained appropriately.
- Ensures compliance with payroll laws and regulations at the state federal and international level.
- Protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Timely imports/exports time and attendance data for payment.
- Completes research on payroll related issues responds to and resolves payroll problems assists management with decisions related to payroll and effectively communicates payroll related changes and updates.
- Timely provides data for Wage & Hour audits; oversees payroll audit process and reporting aspects of internal and external audits; identifies and resolves discrepancies.
- Collects verifies and remits federal state and local tax withholding data to Ultimate Payment Services; complies with federal state and local legal requirements; stays current on existing and new legislation; enforces adherence to legal requirements; advises management on needed actions; responds accurately and timely to questions and correspondence regarding payroll taxes.
- Manages year-end closing process including W-2 statements and year-end reporting.
- Supervises payroll staff including discipline monitoring and completing performance reviews. Provides training and orientation as needed.
- Collaborates with and supports finance and accounting for annual budget and periodic forecasting purposes.
- Follows various state escheat regulations for unclaimed or uncashed payroll checks.
- Provides timely and accurate payroll information for benefit plan administration such as eligible compensation as well as for financial modeling.
- Creates payroll related reports through HRIS system.
- Partners with UltiPro Payment Services IT and the HRIS Analysts to resolve technical payroll issues and maintain efficiency with current payroll processes including software support automated tax filings and other payroll interfaces.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops reviewing professional publications establishing personal networks benchmarking best practices and participating in professional societies.
- Adheres to the policies outlined in the Global Employee Handbook including but not limited to demonstrating regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.