Designer III/Designer II (Electrical)
600 East Canal Street Richmond, VA 23219 US
Client is seeking a highly engaged, team-oriented individual with a background demonstrating the following competencies in a non-nuclear Power Generation setting: Design, drafting, and review of detailed electrical engineering drawings related to construction deliverables (i.e. single lines, wiring diagrams, plan drawingsetc.). This position reports to a Supervisor of Design and Documentation and functions as a senior or intermediate level designer for the electrical design group. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical and coordination support of other electrical designers and drafters as necessary. This position will require occasional site visits and other related tasks to meet project needs. Overnight site visits may be necessary when project schedules dictate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and employ personal safety practices at all times.
- Become familiar with and employ environmental compliance at all times.
- Prepare and review electrical drawings in support of power generation engineering projects per corporate standards
- General electrical design support for the power generation fleet (i.e. equipment, cable; raceway, and drawing number support)
- Coordinate site visits and perform field work as necessary
- Provide support for Project Management and construction groups as required (i.e. point of contact for applicable design deliverables)
- Review and provide feedback on peer, vendor, and Architect/Engineer drawing submittals
- Maintain drawing records per corporate and compliance policies
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 8 years (5 years for Designer II) of design experience in power generation or related industry desired
- Commensurate knowledge of electrical engineering design and drafting principles
- Commensurate knowledge of applicable regulations, related codes, and standards (i.e. NEC, IEEE, NERC)
- Demonstrated MicroStation and/or AutoCAD proficiency
- Commensurate proficiency in drawing and document management systems (ProjectWise & Documentum preferred)
- Well-developed and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment as a fully engaged and supporting team member
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to manage project workloads with minimal direction
- Ability to adapt to changes in project scope and schedules
- Required: High School diploma or GED
- Preferred: Bachelors degree in a technology related discipline
- The position functions in both an office and power station work environment.
- Dust/Grease/Oil up to 25%
- Fumes up to 25%
- Heat up to 25%
- Loud noise up to 25%
- Outdoors up to 25%
- Travel up to 25%
- Office work environment 76-100%