Data Center Operations II
10845 Griffith Peak Drive Las Vegas, NV 10845 US
Location: Las Vegas
Pay Rate: Up to $34/hr DOE
We are seeking a Data Center Operations Technician to work in our Las Vegas data center as part of our Cloud Operations Services team. Primary responsibilities of this role include troubleshooting environmental issues, analyzing infrastructure alerts, and processing infrastructure changes. Additional responsibilities include performing daily operations tasks such as identifying and correcting hardware alerts, maintaining equipment inventories, racking and cabling equipment, and assisting vendors and internal Cloud Engineers with deploying and replacing hardware components.
* Ideal candidate will possess experience working in an enterprise environment of at least 300 servers, with 3+ years in a technical support position, and 2+ years of hands-on experience in Data Center operations.
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience in hardware-related issues’ troubleshooting and repair.
* 2+ years’ experience in data cable wiring and management.
* 2+ experience working with Dell, HP, NetApp/SolidFire.
* Ability to lift equipment in excess of 50lbs.
* Experience working with Juniper devices (a plus).
* Experience working with NAS/SAN gear (a plus).
* Experience working with enterprise network monitoring tools Orion and MS SCOM (a plus).
* 2+ years’ experience working with VMWare is (a plus).