Customer Service Representative: Benefits
7000 Park Ln. Pittsburgh, PA 15275 Pittsburgh, PA 15275 US
Customer Service Representative
3-month contract, conversion potential
Job Location: Pittsburgh, PA (onsite)
Hours: 8am-530pm EST
Company Information: online pharmacy
Co. Size: 500+
- High school degree or GED
- At least 6months of customer service experience (Call center ideally)
- Experience with pharmacy benefits, healthcare insurance, or medical billing a plus
- Bilingual English and Spanish greatly preferred
- Experience with call center software (SelectRx, Pro-Care, FSV) is a huge asset
Responsible for direct contact with Medical Insurance Payers and Pharmacy Benefit Managers in order to identify and document available coverage options for retail and specialty medications. Maintains high quality customer service standards in compliance with federal and state regulations and guidelines.
- Makes outbound calls to Payers and Pharmacy Benefit Manager in order to verify patient insurance coverage and identify available Medical and Pharmacy benefits
- Communicates case details to appropriate internal or external parties once benefit verification is complete
- Identify any payer coverage restrictions and potential mechanisms for quickly accessing therapy
- Ability to effectively contribute alone or in small work groups
- Effectively meets production and time completion goals
- Accurately document payer Prior Authorization and Appeals protocols
- Participate in special projects and perform additional duties as required
- Maintain repository of payer or brand specific coverage information
- Participate in training and process improvement initiatives
- Minimum of 6 months experience in customer service, insurance, benefits, marketing, sales or related area, required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Health care environment with third party benefits verification experience preferred.
- Understanding of commercial insurance concepts including coverage policies, major medical benefits, knowledge of government and patient assistance program, knowledge of and understanding of how to communicate information on health insurance, reimbursements, third party terms and medical terminology is preferred
- Highly proficient computer skills.
- Skill in managing email correspondence and personal documentation of research.
- Focus on fundamental analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong professional customer services experience
- High level of attention to detail
- Be a critical thinker who is adaptable, and results driven.