Cost Controls Specialist
BRADHAM BLVD AND HWY 215 Jenkinsville, SC 29065 US
Serve as Digital Team Cost Controls Analyst to support Project Managers with multi-million dollar capital projects.
This candidate be dealing with Private Personal Information (PPI), Company Sensitive Information, or Credit Sensitive Information.
- Support Project Managers with cost control needs.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate planning, estimating and cost controls for power station construction projects
- Prepare cost estimates and develop detailed power station construction project schedules.
- Develop and maintain cost plan based on approved estimates and schedules
- Monitor actual project cost and/or work status data to ensure project is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
- Prepare budgets and analyze monthly cost reports.
- Implement, evaluate, and monitor controls systems.
- Coordinate use of controls equipment and facilities. Conduct meetings with contractors and company personnel on cost control matters.
- Interface with other groups/departments to coordinate and integrate support requirements on construction schedules.
- Evaluate project field and scope changes for impact on cost and/or schedule and update project budgets.
- Develop Ad Hoc Microsoft Excel models to summarize large data sets.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Other related duties include:
- Self Starter and motivated to resolve questions in a timely manner.
- Proficiently performs assignments having the knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience needed to carry out all aspects of the job.
- Exercises independent judgment and decisionmaking in planning, organizing and conducting work assignments.
- May receive instructions and guidance on unusual or complex problems and knows when to get others involved.
- Effectively utilizes the proper resources to develop solutions and devise new approaches to problems encountered in work assignments.
- Strong attention to detail and high ethical standards.
- Ability to synthesize diverse information (technical, schedule, and cost) and exercise good judgment.
- Proficient in Excel and financial systems
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Nice to Have Skills:
- SAP, Excel, Power Query
Preferred Years of Experience:
- 5+ years of cost controls experience
- Bachelors degree plus 5 years of cost or budget analyst experience or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Other education - Accounting, Business, Finance, Construction management.
- Are there any specific companies/industries youd like to see in the candidates experience?
- Nuclear, Construction, Manufacturing, Utility