Contract Specialist III (Bartlesville)
411 S Keeler Ave Bartlesville, OK 74003 US
Responsibilities May Include:
- Solicitation, negotiation, award, and post award administration of Information Technology software, hardware, maintenance, and services.
- Executing day-to-day procurement activities in support of the Information Technology organization, including but not limited to:
- agreement/contract/amendment negotiation
- contract administration
- invoice resolution, supplier relations management, etc.
- Contributing to Procurement goals & objectives by negotiating and executing Master Agreements and commercial strategies.
- Supporting local implementation, adoption, and compliance with Contracting Standards & Procedures.
- Driving continuous improvement efforts to enhance and streamline contracting processes.
- Managing assigned categories effectively and efficiently, with focus on high stakeholder engagement/management.
- Mitigating procurement risks, while reducing total cost of ownership without negatively affecting value.
- Maintaining appropriate contract files in accordance with document retention policies.
- Supporting periodic audit activities.
- Driving formal RFx (requests for information, proposal or quote) through Ariba and iCertis, including but not limited to:
- performing pre-bid / pre-award meetings.
- analyzing suitability of bids dependent on time constraints, cost, safety and quality assurance.
- prepares bid evaluations and seeks appropriate approvals for award.
- Resolving contract issues/disputes (pricing, quality, timing, claims, liens, etc.)
- Collaborating with Legal to ensure compliance with all client clause owner requirements and legal statutes.
Position Requirements Basic / Required:
- Bachelor degree or 8 years equivalent experience with Procurement and/or Information Technology business.
- Experience with purchase orders, sourcing, negotiations, and contracting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, SAP, Ariba, and other procurement technologies.
- Experience leading multiple Procurement initiatives concurrently across sourcing, contracting, materials management, and/or Procure-To-Pay (P2P).
- Procurement experience in the energy industry.
- Ability to interface across functions and with key stakeholders in a matrixed organization.
- Strong analytical, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with ability to negotiate and influence critical decisions.