Construction Manager II: Transmission & Distribution
4110 Forestville Road Forestville, MD 20747 US
Individual shall have demonstrated skill in construction project management with experience in managing a distribution construction site and have knowledge about Distribution installation projects.
Some duties include:
- Provide constructability feedback during design and walk downs,
- Review Bill of Materials and assist with managing material availability,
- Develop work scope for construction bid documents and assist Project Manager in bid evaluations,
- Responsible for the coordination and oversight of all construction activities involved in a project;
- Coordinate contracted work activities for centrally managed projects during installation, monitor contractor(s) on safety, cost, quality and schedule performance,
- Run safety briefings with contracted construction crews,
- Initiate Scope Change requests,
- Elevate document deficiencies and Provide Planning support to the project team as required.
- Planning support to the project team as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent work experience and a minimum of 15 years of distribution construction experience in the electric power industry.
- Experience with Word and Excel, Knowledge of OSHA regulations and Utilities safety policies
- Understanding of Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) procedure and become a qualified Clearance Holder, Monitor site construction activities for adherence to Environmental Policy and Adherence to procedure PC-PE-9005 (Construction Manager Responsibilities).
- Supplier will provide cellular phone, air card (Internet), Base PPE (Class E Hardhat, Safety Glasses, FR Clothing, FR Safety Vest, Steel Toe Work Boots).