The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
9785 Maroon Circle, Suite 400 Greenwood Vlg, CO 80112 US
Posted: 04/17/2023 2023-04-17 2023-07-03 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Construction Management Job Number: 559051 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
- The Construction Coordinator will assist with the administration of project safety, quality, schedule, cost control, contracts, subcontractors, suppliers, procurement, proposals, estimates, documentation, turnover, client interface, and field-based activities to execute Engineer Procure Construct (EPC) projects, construction management, and program management ventures.
- The initial focus of this position will be to support electrical transmission and distribution projects, however, this position could also work on a diverse array of projects across multiple industries including aviation, commercial building, facility, manufacturing, oil & gas, power generation, process, and water.
- Adhere to safety programs and policies and assist others with compliance.
- Assist the Project Management team with building client relationships while interfacing with the client for proposal and project related items.
- Assist the Project Management team with executing prime contracts, downstream contracts, and change orders.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Project Execution Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Safety & Health Plan, Subcontracting Plan, Project Staffing Plan, Organization Chart, and Procurement Plan.
- Assist with jobsite set-up activities, including mobilization and demobilization.
- Assist with securing applicable project permits.
- Coordinate potential bidders' supplier/subcontractor registration and pre-qualification efforts on behalf of the Project Management team.
- Assist the Project Management team with administering Request For Proposal (RFP) package development, bid and selection process, and developing detailed scope of work documents for downstream contracts.
- Assist with contract administration including Request For Information (RFI's), submittals, change management, and claims mitigation for subcontractors and/or client contractors
- Support and assist with project controls efforts, including project cost reporting, scheduling, project work breakdown structure establishment, project set-up and closeout within the accounting system, and field progress tracking.
- Assist with the development of internal and external reports including project budgeting, cost reports, project cash flow forecast, and project status reports to all stakeholders.
- Participate in project, corporate, and risk review meetings as needed, present as needed, and record and distribute meeting minutes.
- Conduct project safety, quality, progress and financial audits and assessments as required.
- Assist with the Prime Contract, subcontractor, and supplier invoicing process.
- Establish and administer project documentation and filing systems
- Assist with the project turnover documentation, record keeping/retention, warranty administration and project closeout.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field.
- Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Previous internship and/or related experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge in standard building and construction processes preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Osha 10 hour certification preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
- Knowledge of document control, scheduling, cost control and project management software is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to meet company's driving requirements.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.