Construction Coordinator (2 Openings)
785 Maroon Circle, Suite 400,Â Centennial, CO, 80112 Centennial, CO 80112 US
The Construction Coordinator will assist with the administration of project safety, quality, schedule, cost control, contracts, subcontractors, suppliers, procurement, proposals, estimates, documentation, turnover, client interface, and field-based activities to execute Engineer Procure Construct (EPC) projects, construction management, and program management ventures. The initial focus of this position will be to support electrical transmission and distribution projects, however, this position could also work on a diverse array of projects across multiple industries including aviation, commercial building, facility, manufacturing, oil & gas, power generation, process, and water.
- Adhere to our clients safety programs and policies and assist others with compliance.
- Assist the Project Management team with building client relationships while interfacing with the client for proposal and project related items.
- Assist the Project Management team with executing prime contracts, downstream contracts, and change orders.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Project Execution Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Safety & Health Plan, Subcontracting Plan, Project Staffing Plan, Organization Chart, and Procurement Plan.
- Assist with jobsite set-up activities, including mobilization and demobilization.
- Assist with securing applicable project permits.
- Coordinate potential bidders' supplier/subcontractor registration and pre-qualification efforts on behalf of the Project Management team.
- Assist the Project Management team with administering Request For Proposal (RFP) package development, bid and selection process, and developing detailed scope of work documents for downstream contracts.
- Assist with contract administration including Request For Information (RFI's), submittals, change management, and claims mitigation for subcontractors and/or client contractors
- Support and assist with project controls efforts, including project cost reporting, scheduling, project work breakdown structure establishment, project set-up and closeout within the accounting system, and field progress tracking.
- Assist with the development of internal and external reports including project budgeting, cost reports, project cash flow forecast, and project status reports to all stakeholders.
- Participate in project, corporate, and risk review meetings as needed, present as needed, and record and distribute meeting minutes.
- Conduct project safety, quality, progress and financial audits and assessments as required.
- Assist with the Prime Contract, subcontractor, and supplier invoicing process.
- Establish and administer project documentation and filing systems.
- Assist with the project turnover documentation, record keeping/retention, warranty administration and project closeout.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field.
- Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Previous internship and/or related experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge in standard building and construction processes preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Osha 10 hour certification preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
- Knowledge of document control, scheduling, cost control and project management software is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to meet company's driving requirements.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.