2000 Ultimate Way Weston, FL 33326 US
Location: Weston, FL
Pay Rate: Up to $30/hr
Job Summary: We are seeking a Cloud Operations Specialist to work in our Network Operations Center (NOC) department. The NOC provides world-class monitoring and front-line problem analysis and remediation for infrastructure and application platforms, leveraging industry-standard system and application monitoring tools and utilities. Primary responsibilities of this role include troubleshooting environmental issues, analyzing infrastructure and application alerts, executing tasks via scripting, performing post change quality assurance testing, and providing immediate response for incidents in a 24/7/365 atmosphere. Platforms include Microsoft Windows operating systems, Linux, Microsoft SQL Server, IIS, VMWare, Openstack, SolidFire, NetApp, Juniper, F5, Dell, and Java-based systems. This position is demanding and plays an integral role in the success of our organization.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Proactive monitoring of production and development systems with a sense of urgency when issues arise; environment consists of several thousand production systems and nodes.
- Issue-driven communication to ensure active engagement by escalation staff and timely and effective updates to management.
- Build reports and perform trend analysis of system and application events.
- Provide customer support and escalation for our client base.
- Provide support and coordination for incident management.
- Perform post-change product functionality testing.
- Troubleshoot application and infrastructure related incidents.
- Regularly interface with Tier 2 and Tier 3 support personnel.
- Execute planned changes.
- Execute automated tasks via scripting; including remediation and testing.
- Problem analysis and remediation.
- Position requires after hours work and weekends (flexible schedule).
- Works under minimal supervision.
Required Qualifications: (If a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification, otherwise it is preferred)
- Ideal candidate will possess experience working in an enterprise environment of a least 100 servers, with 3+ years in a technical support position.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with Windows 2012 Server or higher as well as Active Directory.
- 2+ years’ experience working with VMWare or another virtualization platform.
- Experienced in supporting browser-based applications.
- 2+ years’ experience working with enterprise network monitoring tools (Solarwinds Orion, Microsoft SCCM/SCOM, Nagios).
- Ability to multitask and adapt quickly to emerging technologies.
- 2+ years’ experience working with Linux operating systems; ex, Ubuntu.
- Process and Procedure driven.
- Must have excellent skills in problem analysis and troubleshooting complex technical issues.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends.
- Experience working with SQL Management Studio is a plus.
- Experience troubleshooting issues with and supporting Juniper network devices as well as working with SAN-based technologies is a plus.
- Experience working with enterprise Network Load-Balancers, e.g., F5 and Cisco is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, or related Technology Degree preferred.
- Preferred Microsoft certifications: MCP, MCSE, or MCDBA.
- 2+ years’ working with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or higher, including SQL Management Studio, preferred.
- 2+ years’ working with scripting languages (VB Script, Powershell, Python).
- Experience working with Microsoft Internet Information Server a plus.