Civil Division Manager
400 N. Ashley Drive, Suite 1900 Tampa, FL 33602 US
The Division Manager provides overall leadership, supervision, and technical support to assigned staff on a wide range of skills, materials, project sizes and types. The Division Manager ensures proper and appropriate engineering procedures are followed. The Division Manager may support work and staff across multiple offices and divisions to help sustain the overall company mission and goals. This role requires a clear and consistent communicator that exhibits flexibility to work on multiple projects and changing client expectations while leading a team of sound professionals.
- Oversees or supports coordination of team specific appointments, calendars, and meetings.
- Prepares communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports, and other correspondence.
- Support project tasks as assigned by Project Managers i.e. specifications, bid documents, permits, meeting minutes, etc. in accordance with established and modified progress schedules and within prescribed budgets.
- Creates and completes annual and ongoing division and team documentation such as utilization reports budget worksheets, etc.
- Prepares design calculations, construction documents, technical specifications, cost estimates, bid evaluation and permitting as necessary
- Works on multiple projects concurrently, monitoring project budgets and schedules, and being responsible for overseeing the technical work of multiple team members.
- Manage and mentor division staff and any administrative team member(s) to ascertain coordination, completeness, accuracy of technical requirements and day-to-day operations.
- Contribute to the development of marketing materials and assists with marketing proposal submissions in response to firm qualifications.
- Review and develop design fee proposals for new project opportunities. Coordinate and work with other internal disciplines for a complete proposal response.
- Understands and supports the financial aspects of project and overall office performance and management of resources for success in meeting project and management goals.
- Works with other company and division leadership to update and develop inhouse processes and documents as necessary including but not limited to project policies, training guides and other support documentation
- May lead and support office and companywide lunch-and-learns, new employee and ongoing training
- Supports division and company recruitment with guidance and support from the In-House Recruiter/HR Generalist through virtual and in-person interviews, negotiations, and onboarding processes
- May sign/seal drawings or other required documentation based on division and firm policies
- Develops and delivers annual employee reviews and performance evaluations
- Follow and abide by the employee and safety manuals
- Other duties as assigned
- Be detail oriented, versatile, and enthusiastic
- Exhibit flexibility to work on multiple projects and react to changing client and company expectations
- Ability to take direction and function independently with limited supervision
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Capable of multi-tasking on a wide range of projects of varying size and complexity
- Participate and become an active part of the project and division team through active listening & open communication
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to resolve complex technical issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, etc.) and Document Control Management Software
- Track and document individual labor costs and monitor budgetary costs associated with work
- Capable of being assigned and managing multiple projects with a range of complexities
- Experience managing a team of professionals and support staff
- Thorough understanding of discipline-specific principles, practices, and tools
- Familiar with AutoCAD/Revit and other design, data recording, and analyzation software
- Thorough understanding of materials, methods, and tools involved in construction
- Thorough understanding of safety regulations related to assigned projects
- Ability to perform basic design calculations, figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Must be willing to learn and use various fully integrated and transparent cloud-based products
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables based on client preferences and in areas where documentation may be lacking, or limited standardization exists
- An Industry relevant Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent education from a four-year college or university is preferred.
- A Masters’ degree or equivalent education from a four-year college or university is desired.
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience on various project types and projects that vary in scale.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) in at least one jurisdiction is required for all engineering-based roles
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the primary jurisdiction of the assigned office is preferred for all engineering based roles
- Registered as a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) in Missouri and/or Illinois is preferred for and survey-based role
- OHSA 10 Certification may be required for MAPS, Field Services and Survey Divisions