5898 Copley Dr., San Diego, CA 92111 US
One-year Contract Fully Remote
Pay Range: $25 - 33
1 – 2 years of Mortgage Quality Control/Post-Closing audit experience
Intermediate Excel skills
The role is primarily responsible, under general supervision, for performing advanced quality control reviews of mortgage loans related to area of specialization (Post-Closing) to ensure mortgage loan processes comply with applicable regulatory requirements, investor guidelines and business standards.
- Evaluate underwriting decisions and closing preparation to detect errors and omissions against business standards and guidelines to determine if loans conform to investor and regulatory requirements.
- Identify and resolve complex issues/errors and take corrective action to bring loans in compliance with regulatory requirements and business standards related to area of specialization/expertise.
- Examine supporting documentation for suspicious activity, discrepancies and general risk concerns; escalate to management where appropriate.
- Manage multiple spreadsheets for pipeline management and for documenting, tracking and trending audits. Assist in the preparation department reports when needed.
- Recommend efficiencies and general operational improvements to enhance department policies & procedures and training curriculum based on audit findings and deficiency trends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; applicable college courses/Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Legal, or related field is preferred
- Knowledge of Compliance and TRID.
- Strong detail orientation and highly organized.
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks.
- Think analytically and critically.
- Work independently in a fast-paced environment to complete work in a timely manner to ensure department goals and compliance quotas are met.
- Manage multiple files, spreadsheets, requests and deadlines; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Intermediate to advanced math skills.