The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Assistant Stormwater Project Manager
15850 Crabbs Branch Way #200 Rockville, MD 20852 US
Posted: 03/08/2023 2023-03-08 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Contract To Hire Job Category: Project Management Job Number: 548195 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
Your Responsibilities as an Assistant Stormwater Project Manager:
- Support the full life cycle of stormwater and civil engineering projects along with a team comprised of a high functioning team of engineers, senior stormwater bid managers, and experienced construction crews
- Lead smaller projects, and/or scopes within larger projects, with a clear growth path of ownership in project delivery, client interaction, and subcontractor delivery
- Review technical RFP’s and/or non-compliant sites to define the scope, and then create proposals for cost with delivery methodology clearly depicted.
- Work with our current team of the subcontractors and/or build new subcontractor relationships to make Apex more competitive in bid opportunities.
- Conduct audits for safety, quality, and budget performance to ensure a successful project.
- Company-subsidized medical and dental
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US
- Interest and personal commitment to sustained success and growth of stormwater and related services.
- Previous experience in working for a general contractor and/or subcontractor is preferred. Conducting oversight on projects as a client representative will not be sufficient.
- We prefer applicants with on the job experience that have a grasp on how construction projects operate (resources, equipment, scheduling, subcontracts, all feeding into scope, schedule, and budget. This can include project assistants, foreman, superintendents.
- A BA/BS in geotechnical, construction, and/or civil Engineering with the previous mentioned experience is a plus.
- +3 years of proven technical experience with stormwater construction projects.
- Develop and sustain strong client relationships through effective and proactive communication, daily project status updates, and responsiveness to issues as they arise.
- Ability to support project execution plan detailing scope, schedule, budget, quality and risk management activities and successfully implement and manage projects including but not limited to bioretention, bio-filtration systems, pond and stream restoration and other related stormwater projects.
- Ability to anticipate potential issues and willingness to take proactive corrective actions with a “can-do” attitude and a growth mindset.
- Working understanding of general construction industry, familiarity with terminology.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and project schedule software is preferred, or the ability to learn within 3 months on job
- Applicants must be willing to roll up sleeves work in the field, not all the time, but on occasion when a schedule deadline must be completed.