Assistant Site Safety and Health Specialist
Wallingford, CT 06492 US
The Assistant Site Safety & Health Specialist will assist the site project management team to deliver Safety & Health programs at the respective field location. This position assists with the interpretation of policies and procedures to ensure a safe, healthy, and incident-free work site in a heavy construction environment.
- Assist with providing Safety & Health program support on field construction projects to verify operations are executed as planned and conducted in a safe manner.
- Assist in executing Safety & Health Program deliverables as defined by the Corporate Safety & Health department
- Assist in maintaining compliance with applicable Local, State, and Federal Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Assist with work stoppage incidents when circumstances could lead to an immediate danger to life and health on a project.
- Resolve safety and health concerns and document the details and personnel involved for the project management team.
- Assist the corporate and project Safety & Health teams in a collaborative manner to verify that the project safety program is being implemented and required safety compliance is documented.
- Assist various work teams with pre-planning safety and health hazard assessments to ensure compliance with project policies and procedures.
- Assist in identifying and documenting unique Safety & Health issues during the execution of the work at the project, and assist with implementing corrective action based on policies, guidelines and procedures for resolution.
- Assist with project safety & health walk-through assessments with subcontractor safety personnel.
- Distribute and communicate safety information and materials.
- Assist with correspondence to heighten safety awareness, project safety and health goals.
- Assist with near miss, property damage, environmental incidents and accident investigation reports.
- Assist in maintaining project Safety & Health reporting requirements and project specific Safety and Health records are in an audit ready state at all times.
- Assist in the maintenance and submittal of all documentation as required by the Corporate Safety & Health Department.
- Drive to various project site locations.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering, Construction Management, or relevant degree. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Basic knowledge of Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Construction and General Industry Regulations, as well as; America National Standards Institution (ANSI), National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH), Army Corps of Engineers (CoE), Engineers Manual 385-1 and National Electrical Code (NEC) Standards.
- Completion of OSHA 10 and/or 30 Hour Construction Outreach Safety Training Course.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to work various schedules at the project site location.
- Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
Travel - 75-100 %