Assistant GIS Specialist
4004 Summit Blvd. Ste. 1200 Brookhaven, GA 30319 US
- Developing, updating, analyzing, and managing GIS data using ArcGIS Pro.
- Heavy usage and development of web-based mapping tools (primarily within ArcGIS Online), including the construction and maintenance of mapping applications using low-to-no-code platforms.
- Assist in projections and transformations of data for project deliverables.
- Assist in developing project strategies, including technical approach, resource planning, and project schedules.
- Assist with digital feature extraction and data conversions from multiple softwares and data sources (e.g. MS Excel spreadsheets, different database types, ArcMap 10.0 products, etc.), including georeferencing tasks.
- Assist in implementation of automation tools and outsourced labor to make processes more efficient and scalable.
- Assist with implementing and managing field data collection tools and tasks, including the use of GPS devices and execution of post-processing.
- Frequent static map production to support reporting or presentations.
- Assist with data-gathering from outside sources, both public and private, and with other research to support geospatial projects (e.g. land survey records search, local regulations, etc.)
- All other duties as assigned.
- Candidates with ARCH Pro is best.
- Candidates with Science degrees work best
- Python, Lidar and FEM software is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, geography, environmental science, or closely related natural science field.
- Experience working in the ArcGIS desktop environment is required (AcrMap 10.0 or higher, ArcCatalog, and preference for ArcGIS Pro experience). Experience working the ArcGIS Online environment is preferred.
- Experience with an array of geoprocessing workflows and strategies for GIS data analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in Script writing, Model Builder, Python, VBScript, or Arcade a plus
- Prior GIS and applicable natural science field experience a plus
- A strong willingness to continuously learn new skills and techniques.
- Thrives in challenging environments, able to work well under pressure