Assistant Fire Protection Technician
8201 Norman Center Drive Bloomington, MN 55437 US
We are seeking a Fire Protection Designer to join our growing team in the Minneapolis office. Fire Protection Engineering is broad, exciting, and fast-growing engineering discipline offering excellent opportunity for growth.
You will join a team of Fire Protection Engineers and Designers who work on a wide range of exciting and challenging projects including manufacturing and food processing facilities, data centers, aircraft hangars, central utility plants, industrial facilities, and more. You will be working in a team environment with a premium placed on client and peer-to-peer interaction. You can expect to be a part of an energy-filled workplace at a successful and growing company.
As a Fire Protection Designer, you will provide drafting and design support for the creation of construction documents on a variety of fire protection, fire alarm, and life safety systems. Career advancement opportunity is limited only by your ability and ambition.
Production of construction drawings using Revit and AutoCAD for a wide variety of fire protection, fire alarm, and life safety systems. Duties include:
- Producing 2D and 3D drawings and models
- Producing floor plans, one-line diagrams, riser diagrams, and details
- Coordinating with other disciplines
- Assisting engineers in design development
- Layout of fire alarm systems
- Layout of sprinkler systems
- Performing hydraulic calculations
- Reviewing design drawings for quality
- Other duties as assigned
- Candidate MUST be a US Citizen.
- The team is willing to consider a senior candidate IF they are a rockstar in Revit AND have previous experience with fire alarm or fire suppression design.
- Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field with a minimum two years of experience with Revit or Associate’s degree in drafting technology with a minimum of three years of experience with Revit. (Bachelor's degree in any Engineering field is NOT allowed for this role EXCEPT for Engineering Technology).
- Proficient with Revit and AutoCAD
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize work assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly learn new design and calculation software
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels in in a multi-discipline team environment
- Experience with fire protection or fire alarm is desirable
- BIM coordination experience is desirable
- Experience with Hydratec, SprinkCAD, or other sprinkler design programs is desirable
- NICET certification in Fire Alarm Systems, Water-Based Fire Protection Systems Layout, and Special Hazard Systems is desirable
- Experience with Microstation is desirable