The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Assistant Civil Detailer
200 W. Adams St., Suite 2700 Chicago, IL 60606 US
Posted: 03/23/2023 2023-03-23 2023-04-26 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Engineering Job Number: 531095 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
- Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field and two years related experience or associate's degree and three years related experience or four years progressive detailing and design experience.
- Strong understanding of design software such as: AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Excel to develop the design deliverables. Ability to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs.
- Ability to utilize both 2D and 3D applications to prepare engineering drawings.
- Basic knowledge in design, calculations, and design systems.
- Basic knowledge in the theory and practices of engineering discipline; competent in the fundamental concepts of other disciplines as they relate to the assigned discipline; and capable of operating related discipline design software necessary to execute production tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others (Project Managers, Engineers and Designers) in a multi-discipline project team environment to resolve design or drawing issues as appropriate and to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Assist in planning and preparing detailed drawings by applying standardized drawing techniques from detailed sketches, verbal instructions, and notes under the direction of an engineer.
- Collect initial drawings, calculations, and design ideas from engineers, and combine relevant data into coherent and complete initial design models for review and modification
- Apply company, client, and project drafting standards and procedures to draft control schematics, wiring diagrams and equipment connection diagrams.
- Assist in coordinating with engineers and project managers to understand project requirements and verify design details according to company standards and best practices
- Assist in providing a range of drawing production work including problem analysis, layout, detailing, and drafting on projects of substantial variety and complexity.
- Assist in drafting activities with designers and drafters in other disciplines.
- Communicate and correspond with internal design resources and external clients and personnel.
- Execute design changes and project drawing revisions.
- Maintain CAD proficiency and work toward mastering current CAD systems.
- All other duties as assigned.