Art Director - Retail Engagement
1 Infinite Loop Cupertino, CA 95014 US
Pay: Up to 107.28 per hour
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and more
Our client is looking for an experienced Art Director to join the Retail Engagement and Marketing team. In this role, you will be instrumental in developing both creative strategy and inspiring content for our learning experiences that would educate and up-skill the work of Retail teams worldwide.
You’ll help lead and create global and localized content across platforms and mediums, working closely with strategists, experience designers, creative writers, digital editors, and videographers. You will do everything from conceptualizing to reviewing creative work, serving as a strong voice, educator, and project leader.
We are looking for a versatile team player, that will be core to developing and executing a variety of projects and deliverables — from motion graphics, to illustration, photography, and video. As our ideal candidate, you are a creative thinker and visual communicator, capable of turning complex business problems into simple yet inspiring creative solutions. You have extensive experience with editorial content, deep knowledge of user experience, and are able to iterate multiple concepts and creative solutions within an established design aesthetic.
- 8+ years of agency or in-house digital designer and Art Director experience, delivering stand-out creative work across a variety of digital and traditional touch-points.
- Experience with global media, tech or cultural-impact brands is preferred.
- Advanced skills in graphic design
- Ability to creative direct all work, whether through external agencies, freelance vendors, or internal production resources.
- Extensive experience developing ideas and assets across all platforms and channels.
- A deep understanding of typography and design for mobile and web.
- Demonstrated user-centric approach to design.
- Passion for experimentation and innovation.
- Experience driving creative alignment with leadership and stakeholders.
- Ability to confidently present creative work to multiple teams and leadership.
- A broad cultural awareness and sharp understanding of news, trends and entertainment media across multiple markets.
- Proficiency in the latest macOS and iOS platforms. Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Team player who can work in a collaborative environment with global teams in multiple time zones.
As an Art Director, you will be part of the Instructional and App design team, creating compelling content and experiences that will inspire our retail team members. You will help design, shape, and oversee art direction and execution of conceptual designs for training experiences that will impact employees across the world.
Responsibilities include brainstorming and presenting concepts, iterating mockups and executing deliverables based on creative briefs and partnerships with the strategy and programming teams and business partners. Deliverables could include original conceptual artwork, wireframes, layout mockups, creative approach presentations, and production of visual assets.
You will team up with strategists, interactive designers, writers, producers and publishers, and lead the creative approach. You must have seasoned experience working in an iterative process, collaborating with various business partners and receiving and responding promptly to feedback from leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred in a design related discipline, such as graphic design or visual communication. Portfolio and references are required