Accounting Manager- Clinical Trials
5820 Nancy Ridge Drive San Diego, CA 92121 US
Accounting Manager is responsible for the ownership of the month-end close process and compliance with internal controls. The position will require extensive and effective collaboration with cross-functional teams and with senior financial management.
Here’ s What You’ ll Do:
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries, including entries related to accrued expenses for the company’ s development pipeline and clinical trials
- Perform monthly financial close activities, ensuring the accurate and timely preparation of the financial statements and completion of the supporting documentation
- Work closely with the VP of Finance for review and monitoring of budgets as compared to actual results
- Manage government grant financial monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements
- Participate in external annual audits and quarterly reviews conducted by independent accountants
- Ensure effective internal control process in compliance with SOX requirements
- Identify and implement process improvements in the month-end close process and internal controls
- Support departments with requests and required analytics
- Manage fixed asset accounting, ensuring that capitalization/depreciation policies are followed and that assets are physically tracked in and out of the facility
- Supervise the Accounts Payable & Payroll Specialist and related AP and Payroll activities
- Assist in the development and preparation of the Annual Operating Plan and forecast updates
- Requires a BS in Accounting or Finance and C.P.A. certification with 5+ years’ experience (mix of public accounting and private industry strongly preferred)
- Requires expertise in accounting in accordance with US GAAP and SEC reporting
- Biotech/pharma industry experience is strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel and Office application skills required
- FP&A experience a plus
- Understanding of payroll procedures and payroll tax reporting a plus
- Highly organized and motivated individual. Must be a team player, able to work well in a group setting as well as independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills are required.