131 Central St. Foxboro, MA 02035 US
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ year of general Accounting experience
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft office experience
- Experience with an Accounting software
- Honor Shared Values: Transparent Communication, Honesty & Integrity, Respect, Diversity & Equity, Teamwork and Growth.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles (GAAP)
- Excellent analytical, computational, and mathematical abilities and logical deduction skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in bookkeeping programs and related software
- Computer skills in Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment
- High level of confidentiality, integrity, and trustworthiness
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
While actual roles and responsibilities will vary depending on individual circumstances, the Accountant will generally be required to perform some or all the following tasks. Note that this list is not all-inclusive and that the Director of Finance will also assign other tasks he/she deems appropriate.
- Maintain the school’s chart of accounts
- Along with the Director of Finance, manage systems-based internal controls
- Audit all A/R invoicing information to ensure accounts contain correct information
- Perform accounting entries to record routine transactions such as booking revenue, accounting for deposits, recording various expenses
- Perform more complex transactions including monthly journal entries, recording semi-monthly payroll expense, book accruals to facilitate annual closing
- Process and reconciliation Student Activity Account
- Prepare quarterly budget projections
- Work with Director of Finance with preparations for audit
- Assist the Director of Finance with developing the annual budget
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Attend meetings as necessary
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with all members of school community to carry out responsibilities
- Interact professionally with a diverse range of constituents
- Take responsibility and accountability for assigned tasks, projects, duties, and policies/procedures while maintaining a professional manner.
- Make efficient use of time by organizing and prioritizing work efficiently.
- Present a professional appearance by adhering to dress code.
- Is actively engaged in job/career growth by attending in-service programs, professional development, educational courses and seminars.
- Actively listen and respond in a respectful non-confrontational manner to the opinions of others.
- Foster positive attitude in the workplace.
- Maintain and respect strict confidentiality of any sensitive information, its faculty, staff and students.