Account Manager - OH/PA
Ohio or Pennsylvania Field-Based, OH 44106 US
JOB OBJECTIVE: Sales role with primary responsibilities covering the management of both reactive and strategic (proactive) accounts. Activities can also include mentorship and participating in Branch-specific activities (Customer Touchpoints) as mutually defined with the Regional/Associate Manager. Reactive account coverage will entail providing the customer with the appropriate technical and sales help within a timely manner, whereas strategic account coverage will entail a proactive approach that will require the development of a strategic plan and building strong relationships within assigned accounts. There will also be the expectation to work with the Regional/Associate Manager to develop strategies (pricing rationale) at the account level (PDP/Contracts) and contact level (Opportunities).
This is a field position. The ideal candidate will be located in Ohio or Pennsylvania.
1. Sales Behaviors:
• Reactive Accounts: Respond to customer requests in a timely manner and leverage the appropriate overlays (Tech Serv, North America Marketing (NAM), Cust Serv, Field Support Scientist (FSS), Global Clinical Collaborations Manager (GCCM), Clinical Account Consultant (CAC), Strategic Collaborations Management Team (SCMT), Strategic Product Manager (SPM), Strategic Business Unit (SBU), Elite Access, R&D etc) as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction. Leverage Helix where appropriate.
• Proactive Accounts: Develop a long-term strategic plan/vision at the account level, while developing in-depth relationships at the Customer level with the main goal of identifying and partnering with KOLs. Leverage the appropriate overlays (Tech Serv, NAM, Cust Serv, FSS, GCCM, CAC, SCMT, SPM, SBU, Elite Access, R&D etc) as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction, while striving for continued revenue growth in the long-term. Leverage and champion Helix and other channel strategies where appropriate.
• Effectively link unique company solutions to meet and exceed requirements of the customer’s business. Apply custom solutions and knowledge about unique (Custom/OEM/Elite Access products) solutions company can offer customers. Maintain high quality relationship with internal R&D, marketing and operations personnel.
• Lead the discussion with Regional/Associate Manager to develop opportunity-based pricing strategies at strategic accounts (quotes, purchasing contracts with discount schedules, freezer programs and stockroom/consignment). In conjunction with the organization business units, organize and conduct field-marketing activities such as workshops, focus groups and beta test programs to gain customer feedback.
• Work with the Regional/Associate Manager to remain familiar with competitive products for the purpose of educating customers on the benefit of our technology. Work with regional manager to monitor the competition and report important activities back to organization.
• Through training and coaching, translate sales opportunities into workable and detailed action plans; demonstrate an understanding of the steps that go into a sales cycle (Funnel Management). Lay out a clear sales plan which includes specific action steps and milestones for managing the sales cycle from beginning to end. Provide completed Blue and Green sheets along with a sales call plan before meetings.
• Partner with Regional/Associate Manager to employ, strategic and tactical account plans for your Strategic Accounts. This would include close involvement and strong relationships with high-level procurement personnel, developing and maintaining account plans and contracts
• Provide technical support by thorough knowledge of company product line and effective communication of applications related to the products.
• Act as a company advocate to voice opinions and viewpoints appropriately within and outside organization. Takes a stand for relevant issues and delivers difficult decisions/messages when necessary.
2. Sales Tools (Outlook/CRM/PowerBI/LinkedIn/Showpad):
• Effectively communicate with customers by ensuring emails are thoughtful, proofread and professional.
• Using Dashboards and CRM to prospect, generate reports, and effectively analyze results. Maintain appropriate notes in CRM and reassign customers to their appropriate Accounts when they move.
• Adhere to branch initiatives by maintaining focus on sales process and associated performance metrics.
3. Branch Initiatives:
• Customer Touchpoints: Works with appropriate overlays (SPM, SBU, SCMT, NAM, etc) for alpha/beta testing opportunities as well as marketing campaigns (including webinars)
• Strategy Development: Works with the Management team on strategies that will impact the North American Branch (ex: COVID allocation teams, HT/Maxwell). This could also include being a SME based on skillset.
• Work with newer colleagues to help them with skill development and other areas of growth.
5. Continuous Improvement
• Maintain working IDP.
• Complete Annual Assessment with Regional/Associate Manager.
• Seek out training where appropriate for your job.
6. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Minimum B.S. or B.A. (M.S./Ph.D. preferred) in Life Sciences with a focus on hands-on laboratory experience in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and/or Protein Biochemistry.
2. Minimum 4+ years of experience in a sales environment, or equivalent.
3. Strives to incorporate the Core Emotion Social Intelligence (ESI) Principles in their position (Check in with yourself, Listen with empathy, Enhance self-esteem, Look for the good, with discernment, encourage diverse perspectives and Use courage and compassion to say what needs to be said).
4. Flexible in handling change, meeting a standard of excellence, persistent in pursuing goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Self-awareness of how behaviors can affect our colleagues. Keeping disruptive emotions and impulses in check, sensing other’s feelings and perspectives to advocate and voice opinions and viewpoints appropriately within and outside organization.
5. Independently motivated and works well with others.
6. Excellent communication skills (oral/written).
7. Excellent organizational skills.
8. Strong commitment to customer service. Excellent communication, strong analytical and conflict resolution ability.
9. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), e-mail and the use of the Internet.
10. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
1. Ability to use a computer/Microsoft Office applications.
2. Ability to travel to meetings as needed.