The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Telecom Engineer III
Charlotte, NC 28262 US
Posted: 04/04/2023 2023-04-04 2023-07-09 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Engineering Job Number: 552598 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
- Provide enterprise level architecture, design and support of Telecommunications Services needed to support infrastructure and business applications.
- These services include, but are not limited to Synchronous Optical Networking (SONET), Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), Optical Transport Network (OTN), Local Area Networks (LAN), Voice Over IP (VOIP), Land Mobile Radio, Microwave Packet Radio and a variety of other hardware and software solutions. Positions also integrate applications to enable usage, support, and monitoring of these various hardware technologies.
- Positions develop and maintain routine work procedures and define standard designs, installation, support and upgrade methodologies.
- Responsibilities may include evaluation, acquisition, design, installation, integration testing, upgrading components, operational support and performance monitoring.
- Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university.
- In lieu of a degree, 15 years related business experience.
- Work experience in addition to a degree: 5-8 years of job related experience.
- Job-specific knowledge, skills or abilities: One year experience with Microsoft (MS) Windows Operating Systems and MS Office.
- Ability to direct work, facilitate meetings and provide direction to others.
- Able to resolve complex issues that require significant freedom of action and sound judgment with little management oversight.
- Experience with position specific technical Software and Hardware.
- Computer skills, including general usage and support.
- Ability to research independently, multi-task, and meet deadlines under tight timeframes.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to build working relationships with different levels within the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a work plan driven/team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Identifies and coordinates the development of telecom technologies for application in the business.
- Expert working knowledge of the telecommunications systems, associated safety policies, practices, work procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Recognizes appropriate times to raise issues and provide status updates. Excellent inter-personal skills (listening, conflict management, approachability, negotiations) with ability and willingness to share information and transfer knowledge to others.
- Able to present information on technically complex subjects in an understandable manner in both oral and written form to senior management and any other necessary audience.
- Demonstrates ability to absorb change and continue with positive results. Exhibits confidence and proper level of assertiveness when needed.
- Displays maturity in approach and ability to effectively handle stress and frustration.
- A CCNA Certification
- Prior work experience in an Operations Center environment
- Experience with CISCO network implements, Transport related technologies or Voice/ Cellular troubleshooting.