Structural Bridge Engineer
9115 Harris Corners Parkway Harris Corners Two Suite 420 Charlotte, NC 28269 US
STRUCTURAL BRIDGE ENGINEER MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with team with structural analysis and/or design of bridges (including steel beam, prestressed concrete beam, concrete slab, pedestrian bridges, culverts, retaining walls, grade separations, stream crossings, bridge rehabilitations, railroad bridges, and design-build pursuits).
- Lead small bridge projects and help coordinate tasks.
- Assist teams from other offices on structural bridge design projects.
- Mentor junior engineers and perform quality control for structure plan sets
- Write technical memorandums, specifications, feasibility studies, evaluations, and reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (with Structural emphasis) required.
- North Carolina PE license is a plus.
- 5-10 years of bridge/culvert design experience, required.
- NCDOT bridge design experience and thorough understanding of NCDOT guidelines, procedures, and plan preparation.
- Relationships with NCDOT, NC municipalities and other DOTs, preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications and Manual for Bridge Evaluation.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.