1100 Superior Ave -, Ste 300 Cleveland, OH 44114 US
Our Engineering client is seeking highly skilled Roadway/Highway Engineers with 10-20 years of experience on ODOT-type design projects for our Cleveland, Akron and Columbus, Ohio office locations. This position will report to the Manager of Transportation Engineering and will work closely with the Director of Municipal and Transportation Engineering and our Transportation Project Managers and engineering staff to ensure client's needs and expectations are met and exceeded in a timely fashion.
- Active team member performing roadway designs for various types of roadway/highway improvement projects throughout the State of Ohio.
- Perform all aspects of roadway/highway design, including horizontal and vertical alignments, drainage design, maintenance of traffic, typical sections, cross sections, and pavement marking and signing for local roads, highways and interstates.
- Perform critical thinking in development, evaluation, selection, and modification of standards engineering techniques and procedures.
- Oversee entry-level engineer design activities.
- Will have client and sub-consultant contact regarding current design projects.
- May require periodic field construction observation and responding to Request for Information during construction phase.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in Transportation project delivery.
- PE License in the State of Ohio.
- ODOT Prequalification’s preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive attitude. The successful candidate should be self-directed yet a team player, and have a focus on quality, integrity, and success.
- Experience/knowledge of AASHTO and ODOT Design Criteria.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with OpenRoads Designer, Microstation, Geopak, and AutoCAD/Civil 3D.
- Continuous education and training on the job is required.