28 West Adams, Suite 1200 Detroit, MI 48226 US
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Civil Engineer to join their Detroit team. The position will service clients in a variety of project needs in and around Wayne County.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience working with clients from design through construction on a broad range of projects.
- Strong engineering background, a proven record of client interaction, the ability to plan and manage all aspects of the project and lead a team of engineers.
- Prepares engineering analysis, design, calculations, and reports for a portion or all of a project for review by a Project Manager.
- Designs grading and drainage for site improvements.
- Designs utility piping systems, involving sanitary, water main, fire protection, and storm drainage.
- Performs hydrology and hydraulic calculations for gravity and pressure piping systems and above ground conveyances.
- Works with dynamic design teams including landscape architects, land use planners, attorneys, owners, and facility managers.
- Prepares project drawings, calculations, and specifications.
- Assists in the preparation of proposals and fee estimates for potential projects of limited scope and complexity.
- Maintains complete design responsibility for projects.
- Performs construction assistance related tasks including responding to RFI (Request for Information), visiting job sites, reviewing submittals, and coordinating with design team for revisions.
- Develop and present project-specific or technical presentations to clients, technical organizations, and in-house staff.
- Mentors staff engineers.
- Prepares plan review, permit applications, analyze zoning ordinances, and land use.
- Attends and participates in project meetings.
- Stays current on legal and industry regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 2 year of experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working on projects within the City of Detroit preferred, but not required